February 14, 2012

Scholastic

I haven't visited the Scholastic website in a while but when I did I was blown away by the changes.  The site is completely revamped and includes a tremendous number of helpful tools for teachers.  Some of the features that I discovered were the Book Wizard, Daily Starters, and Interactive Whiteboard Lessons.  The site is geared primarily towards elementary grades (K-5) but there are also resources for grade 6-8 and 9-12.  Using the book wizard on Scholastic I was able to search for a book based on what I have already read and liked as well as by reading level.  The Daily Starters were great little activities to get class started and get kids thinking.  The Interactive Whiteboard Lessons included everything necessary for teaching an interactive lesson including the lesson plan.  Be sure to check out the new Scholastic today!

No comments: