October 19, 2011

Wordle

I know that I have talked about Wordle before but I have yet to write about it here on the blog.  I absolutely love this site because it is super simple and there a million and one ways to use it in your classroom.  Check out my example below which visually represents the ISTE | NETS Standards for Students:


Now What?

You can use Wordle to demonstrate the important parts of a speech, class notes, as a game where students try to guess the origin of the content, an introduction to a new topic, book abstract and anything else you can think of that will generate a unique set of words.  You can even create a Wordle using your own words to make a unique image for your classroom or website.  Even more ideas

2 comments:

Brandt Schneider said...

Put a Board of Education minutes through a wordle, or a sports story, or all the emails you get from me....

Mike Oberdick said...

Tagxedo is another popular word cloud site. You have more options to export when you are finished.

There was an error in this gadget