April 9, 2013

Google Keep

Google Keep is a new notebook app that Google has pushed out and I for one am pretty excited.  When I first visited the site, I thought that it was having trouble loading because there was hardly anything on the page.  Now...that's why I like it so much.  It is extremely simple and forthright.  You can basically do two things on Google Keep...create a note and make a "to do" list.  That's it.  I haven't tested out the app yet but I've read that it supports the same basic functionality with the ability to record a new note using your voice.  The feature that really makes it useful is the ability to search all of your notes.  Those of you who are using Evernote on an everyday basis will laugh at how simplistic this service is from Google and not think twice about jumping ship.  However, for those people who don't use Evernote and simply need a quick place to keep their mental notes, Google Keep could be a hit.

Now What?

For those of you who are always forgetting little things throughout the day, keep a tab open on your computer where you can electronically jot down your thoughts using Google Keep.  For those who are ready to step up to the plate and "remember everything" check out my post on Evernote.

No comments: