February 3, 2012

Evernote

Evernote is clearly something that is going to be around for a while.  I have used in for about a year now to keep track of everything in my life from websites I want to remember to "to do" lists.  If you aren't familiar with  Evernote it is an application that you can install on your computer as well as your mobile devices and it automatically syncs your content whenever changes are made using any of the devices.  Some of the features that I find useful are the audio notes which you can record with your phone, the search function that searches all of your content (even computer generated text on a webpage snippet), and the ability to snap images right into your notebooks.  I also really like the Google Chrome add-on which allows me to snip text and URLs directly to my  Evernote account.  I recently discovered that there is an educator's page on  Evernote's websites and I found this blog entry to be particularly interesting because it offers tips for using  Evernote in the classroom.

Now What?

If you would like to start using Evernote to help you in your daily teaching, check out this forum where teachers are discussing its uses.  If your students have access to a smartphone or other device with apps (Google Chrome?) you can have them download the app and help them to organize all of their stuff.


No comments: